Bob Shea will moderate a panel at the Massachusetts Bar Association titled “Massachusetts Wage Act: Treble Your Knowledge.” Bob serves on the Massachusetts Bar Association Labor and Employment Section Council. The panel will be co-moderated by Michelle De Oliveira of Kenney & Sams.
The free event will be held on Monday, July 27, 2020, from 1 to 2:30 p.m. on Zoom. More information and registration is available here.
The panel features :
- Richard S. Loftus, Esq., of Hirsch Roberts Weinstein LLP
- Hillary Schwab, Esq., of Fair Work PC
- Katherine Watkins, Esq., of the Massachusetts Attorney General’s Office
This program will examine the interplay between federal and state wage and hour laws, as well as recent developments under the Massachusetts Wage Act, with a focus on:
- Overview: Fair Labor Standards Act and Massachusetts Wage Act
- What is a wage?
- Commissions vs. bonuses
- Treble damages — when are they triggered and to what do they apply?
- Independent contractor issues
- Joint employer issues
- Attorney General’s Office’s enforcement priorities and initiatives
- When the Attorney General’s Office pursues civil vs. criminal penalties
Bob represents clients in all areas of labor and employment law. He focuses a significant portion of his practice on alternative dispute resolution.
Beck Reed Riden LLP is Boston’s innovative litigation boutique. Our lawyers have years of experience working with clients ranging from Fortune 500 companies to start-ups and individuals. We focus on business litigation and employment. We are experienced litigators and counselors, helping our clients as business partners to resolve issues and develop strategies that best meet our clients’ legal and business needs – before, during, and after litigation. We’re ready to roll up our sleeves and help you. Read more about us, the types of matters we handle, and what we can do for you here.