Hannah Joseph will be hosting a program at the Boston Bar Association titled “IP Basics Workshop in Trademark Law: Responding to an Office Action.” The event will be held on Tuesday, April 14, 2015, from 12:00 to 1:00 p.m. at the Boston Bar Association, 16 Beacon Street, Boston, Massachusetts.
Hannah established the IP Basics Workshop at the Boston Bar Association in 2014.
This program will cover the basics of responding to an Office Action by the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) relating to a pending trademark application.
The panelists will a discuss series of topics, including:
- Process for timely response;
- The art of effectively communicating with Examining Attorneys;
- Responding to formalities issues (e.g., goods/services descriptions, disclaimers);
- Responding to substantive refusals (e.g., likelihood of confusion, descriptiveness); and
- Other strategies (e.g., letters of consent, Examiners’ amendments).
Registration and event information can be found here.
is Boston’s innovative litigation boutique. Our lawyers have years of experience at large law firms, working with clients ranging from Fortune 500 companies to start-ups and individuals. We focus on business litigation and labor and employment. We are experienced litigators and counselors, helping our clients as business partners to resolve issues and develop strategies that best meet our clients’ legal and business needs – before, during, and after litigation. We’re ready to roll up our sleeves and help you. Read more about us, the types of matters we handle, and what we can do for you here.