On August 31, 2022, Russell Beck will serve as a panelist at the Restrictive Covenants and Trade Secrets seminar presented by the State Bar of Georgia.
Russell will be speaking on a panel titled “Recent Legislative Developments: Are Noncompetes Going To Be Banned?” The conference in Atlanta starts at 8 a.m. ET on August 31, 2022. More information is available here.
According to the conference’s organizers, “Since 1995, this annual seminar on Restrictive Covenants and Trade Secrets has provided an opportunity for litigators and transactional lawyers to learn everything they need to know about the law in Georgia and beyond. In addition to providing an update on restrictive covenant and trade secret law, the seminar will delve into the judicial viewpoint on noncompete and trade secret cases, computer forensic issues that arise in these disputes, as well as the changing landscape of restrictive covenant legislation.”
Russell’s panel includes Michael P. Elkon, of Fisher & Phillips LLP. The panel will be moderated by Benjamin I. Fink, of Berman Fink Van Horn P.C.
Additional topics that will be covered at the Restrictive Covenants and Trade Secrets seminar include the following:
- Restrictive Covenants and Trade Secrets Cases: A View From the Bench
- Choice of Law, Venue, and Other Procedural Issues in Restrictive Covenant Litigation
- Forensic Analysis: I Suspect Theft of Proprietary Information, What Do I Do Now?
For up-to-the-minute analysis of legal issues concerning trade secrets and noncompete agreements in Massachusetts and across the United States, read Russell Beck’s blog, Fair Competition Law.
eck Reed Riden LLP is among the leading authorities in trade secret, noncompete, and unfair competition law, and our experience handling these matters is backed by our extensive employment law and business litigation experience. Our hand-picked team combines attorneys with complementary expertise and practical experience.
The Wall Street Journal featured Beck Reed Riden LLP’s noncompete agreement experience. In 2016, the White House issued a report entitled, “Non-Compete Agreements: Analysis of the Usage, Potential Issues, and State Responses,” relying in part on Beck Reed Riden LLP’s research and analysis, including its 50 State Noncompete Survey.
Russell Beck’s work in this area is well recognized, and includes:
- Over thirty years of experience working on trade secret, noncompete, and unfair competition matters
- Assisting the Obama White House as part of a small working group to develop President Obama’s Noncompete Call to Action
- Authoring the book Negotiating, Drafting, and Enforcing Noncompetition Agreements and Related Restrictive Covenants (6th ed., MCLE, Inc. 2021), used by other lawyers to help them with their noncompete matters
- Authoring the book Trade Secrets Law for the Massachusetts Practitioner (1st ed. MCLE 2019), covering trade secrets nationally, with a focus on Massachusetts law
- Drafting and advising on legislation for the Massachusetts Legislature to define, codify, and improve noncompetition law
- Teaching Trade Secrets and Restrictive Covenants at Boston University School of Law
- Founding and administering the award-winning blog, Fair Competition Law
- Establishing and administering the Noncompete Lawyers and Trade Secret Protection groups on LinkedIn, with over 1,660 and 870 members, respectively, around the world
- Founded and chaired the Trade Secret / Noncompete Practice for an AmLaw 100 firm
In addition, Russell was honored for his work in this area of law in the 2020 Chambers USA Guide, which stated that Russell Beck is “an expert in the field of trade secret and restrictive covenant law,” and is also noted for his “ability to adjust and come up with successful solutions.” Chambers noted that Russell “basically wrote the new Massachusetts statute on noncompetes” and that “he’s an expert in employee mobility and nonrestrictive covenants.”
Beck Reed Riden LLP is Boston’s innovative litigation boutique. Our lawyers have years of experience working with clients ranging from Fortune 500 companies to start-ups and individuals. We focus on business litigation and employment.
We are experienced litigators and counselors, helping our clients as business partners to resolve issues and develop strategies that best meet our clients’ legal and business needs – before, during, and after litigation. We’re ready to roll up our sleeves and help you. Read more about us, the types of matters we handle, and what we can do for you here.