On November 2, 2011, Russell Beck will be chairing MCLE’s Intellectual Property seminar titled “Practical steps to protect your clients’ intellectual property.”
Registration and more information is here.
This seminar will guide attorneys through the basic issues in key areas of intellectual property. Although aimed at practitioners new to these areas, this program also provides enough depth to be of interest to those with some experience.
The agenda for the seminar is as follows:
- Copyright: The statutory framework; Copyright registrations; Computer software license agreements and the freelance programmer; Graphic arts agreements and the freelance artist; Website design and ownership; User-generated content; Bringing and defending an infringement case.
- Trademark: The statutory framework; Selecting and evaluating a trademark—registration and infringement risk; Getting a federal registration; Foreign registration; Trademark licenses and assignments; Maintaining the value and strength of your trademarks; Bringing and defending an infringement case.
- Trade Secret: The sources of trade secret law; The impact of restrictive covenants; Establishment of a proper trade secret protection program; Bringing and defending a misappropriation case.
- Patent: The statutory framework; Patent novelty and clearance searches; Patent prosecution; Foreign patents; Patent licenses and assignments; Duty of candor; Patent misuse and its extensions; Bringing and defending a patent infringement case.
- Counseling Technology Based Clients: General considerations in licenses; Building and maintaining a portfolio of patents and trademarks; Deciding whether to file for copyright protection.
- “Ask the Experts” Q&A Session.
Beck Reed Riden LLP is Boston’s innovative litigation boutique. Our lawyers have years of experience at large law firms, working with clients ranging from Fortune 500 companies to start-ups and individuals. We focus on business litigation and labor and employment. We are experienced litigators and counselors, helping our clients as business partners to resolve issues and develop strategies that best meet our clients’ legal and business needs – before, during, and after litigation. We’re ready to roll up our sleeves and help you. Read more about us, the types of matters we handle, and what we can do for you here.