Russell Beck will be covering trade secrets at the Boston Bar Association’s 16th Annual Intellectual Property Year in Review. The event will be held today, January 21, 2016, from 3:00 to 6:30, with a reception to follow. More information is available here.
Hannah Joseph, a member of the Boston Bar Association’s Intellectual Property Law Committee, will be introducing speakers at today’s event.
This year’s program will feature keynote speaker Professor Michael Meurer of Boston University School of Law.
This year’s panel includes the following speakers:
- Linda J. Thayer
- Sara Yevics Beccia
- Erica Hepp Han
- Peter F. McLaughlin
- Edmund J. Walsh
- Andrew Tibbetts
- Wolf, Greenfield & Sacks, PC
- John Verble Hobgood
The panel will cover the following topics:
- Trade Secrets and Noncompetes
- Privacy and Data Security
is among the leading authorities in trade secret, noncompete, and unfair competition law, and our experience handling these matters is backed by our extensive employment law and business litigation experience. Our hand-picked team combines attorneys with complementary expertise and practical experience. The Wall Street Journal recently featured Beck Reed Riden LLP’s noncompete agreement experience.
Russell Beck’s work in this area is well recognized; it includes:
- Over sixteen years of working on trade secret, noncompete, and unfair competition matters
- Authoring the book Negotiating, Drafting, and Enforcing Noncompetition Agreements and Related Restrictive Covenants (4th ed., MCLE, Inc. 2010), used by other lawyers to help them with their noncompete cases
- Drafting and advising on the current bill pending before the Massachusetts Legislature to define, codify, and improve noncompetition law
- Teaching Trade Secrets and Restrictive Covenants at Boston University School of Law
- Founding and administrating the award-winning blog, Fair Competition Law
- Establishing and administrating the Noncompete Lawyers and Trade Secret Protection groups on LinkedIn, with over 750 members around the world
- Founded and chaired the Trade Secret / Noncompete Practice for an AmLaw 100 firm
In addition, Russell was honored for his work in this area of law in the 2014 Chambers USA Guide, which explained that “Russell Beck of Beck Reed Riden LLP specializes in noncompete litigation and is a trade secrets expert. He comes highly recommended by his peers for his nationwide practice in this niche. ‘He’s fantastic,’ sources say.”
Beck Reed Riden LLP is Boston’s innovative litigation boutique. Our lawyers have years of experience at large law firms, working with clients ranging from Fortune 500 companies to start-ups and individuals. We focus on business litigation and labor and employment. We are experienced litigators and counselors, helping our clients as business partners to resolve issues and develop strategies that best meet our clients’ legal and business needs – before, during, and after litigation. We’re ready to roll up our sleeves and help you. Read more about us, the types of matters we handle, and what we can do for you here.