Russell Beck will be a panelist at a seminar in Boston titled Irreparable Harm: Enforcing and Escaping Employee Non-Competition Agreements.
The Massachusetts Bar Association is sponsoring the seminar, which will be held on Thursday, February 20, 2014, from 4 to 5:30 p.m. at Foley Hoag LLP’s offices in Boston. Registration information is here.
The seminar will feature discussion and debate about the enforcement and defense of noncompete agreements.
The Massachusetts Bar Association describes the event as follows:
Are employee non-competition agreements really enforceable? Employers of every size use or at least consider using non-competition agreements in an attempt to protect their businesses and limit competitive activity by former employees.
The Education Committee of the Young Lawyers Division is hosting an expert panel to discuss the enforcement of these agreements, or lack thereof, and what effect proposed legislation in Massachusetts could have on this area of the law.
Seasoned litigators, Russell Beck of Beck Reed Riden, Patrick Curran of Ogletree Deakins Nash Smoak & Stewart and Barbara Robb of Shilepsky Hartley, Rob, Casey, Michon join Michael Rosen at the offices of Foley Hoag to share with the Bar their experiences and thoughts on what employers – and employees – should be doing to protect themselves.
Beck Reed Riden LLP is among the leading authorities in trade secret, noncompete, and unfair competition law, and our experience handling these matters is backed by our extensive employment law and business litigation experience. Our hand-picked team combines attorneys with complementary expertise and practical experience. The Wall Street Journal recently featured Beck Reed Riden LLP’s noncompete agreement experience.
Russell Beck’s work in this area is well recognized; it includes:
- Over sixteen years of working on trade secret, noncompete, and unfair competition matters
- Authoring the book Negotiating, Drafting, and Enforcing Noncompetition Agreements and Related Restrictive Covenants (4th ed., MCLE, Inc. 2010), used by other lawyers to help them with their noncompete cases
- Drafting and advising on the current bill pending before the Massachusetts Legislature to define, codify, and improve noncompetition law
- Teaching Trade Secrets and Restrictive Covenants at Boston University School of Law
- Founding and administrating the award-winning blog, Fair Competition Law
- Establishing and administrating the Noncompete Lawyers and Trade Secret Protection groups on LinkedIn, with over 750 members around the world
- Founded and chaired the Trade Secret / Noncompete Practice for an AmLaw 100 firm
In addition, Russell was honored for his work in this area of law in the 2013 Chambers USA Guide, which included Russell in its “Notable Practitioners” section, adding that “Russell Beck of Beck Reed Riden LLP is respected by commentators for his skills as a litigator. His areas of specialty include noncompete and trade secrets matters.”
Beck Reed Riden LLP is Boston’s innovative litigation boutique. Our lawyers have years of experience at large law firms, working with clients ranging from Fortune 500 companies to start-ups and individuals. We focus on business litigation and labor and employment. We are experienced litigators and counselors, helping our clients as business partners to resolve issues and develop strategies that best meet our clients’ legal and business needs – before, during, and after litigation. We’re ready to roll up our sleeves and help you. Read more about us, the types of matters we handle, and what we can do for you here.