Russell Beck will be a panelist at the Trade Secret Management & Monetization Symposium in Chicago, Illinois. The event is presented by Ocean Tomo for the benefit of the Center for Applied Innovation.
The Symposium will be held on Tuesday, September 10, 2013, from 8 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. at Ocean Tomo, 200 W. Madison Ave, 37th Floor in Chicago. Registration information is here.
The Symposium will feature presentations and panels focused on the unique vulnerabilities, attributes and value of trade secrets. The presentations and panels will include industry leaders who will address cyber-attacks, cyber-protection, recent developments in trade secret law, enforcement case studies, trade secret vs. patentprotection, valuing and leveraging trade secrets and predicting trade secret trends.
Attendance is limited to 100 registrants in order to encourage significant dialogue among participants.
Beck Reed Riden LLP is among the leading authorities in trade secret, noncompete, and unfair competition law, and our experience handling these matters is backed by our extensive employment law and business litigation experience. Our hand-picked team combines attorneys with complementary expertise and practical experience.
- Over sixteen years of working on trade secret, noncompete, and unfair competition matters
- Authoring the book Negotiating, Drafting, and Enforcing Noncompetition Agreements and Related Restrictive Covenants (4th ed., MCLE, Inc. 2010), used by other lawyers to help them with their noncompete cases
- Drafting and advising on the current bill pending before the Massachusetts Legislature to define, codify, and improve noncompetition law
- Teaching Trade Secrets and Restrictive Covenants at Boston University School of Law
- Founding and administrating the award-winning blog, Fair Competition Law
- Establishing and administrating the Noncompete Lawyers and Trade Secret Protection groups on LinkedIn, with over 750 members around the world
- Founded and chaired the Trade Secret / Noncompete Practice for an AmLaw 100 firm
In addition, Russell was honored for his work in this area of law in the 2013 Chambers USA Guide, which included Russell in its “Notable Practitioners” section, adding that “Russell Beck of Beck Reed Riden LLP is respected by commentators for his skills as a litigator. His areas of specialty include noncompete and trade secrets matters.”
Beck Reed Riden LLP is Boston’s innovative litigation boutique. Our lawyers have years of experience at large law firms, working with clients ranging from Fortune 500 companies to start-ups and individuals. We focus on business litigation and labor and employment. We are experienced litigators and counselors, helping our clients as business partners to resolve issues and develop strategies that best meet our clients’ legal and business needs – before, during, and after litigation. We’re ready to roll up our sleeves and help you. Read more about us, the types of matters we handle, and what we can do for you here.