Russell Beck’s experience with noncompete matters is lauded in the 2023 Chambers USA Guide. Russell was awarded a high ranking in two litigation categories: General Commercial and Labor & Employment. Notably, Russell is the only attorney to appear in both categories.
According to Chambers and Partners:
Russell Beck of Beck Reed Riden LLP is noted for his skillful reputation of business clients in a variety of disputes. He is particularly noted for his trade secrets work.
Chambers also notes that:
Russell Beck is a well-known employment lawyer, with specific expertise in the noncompete area.
Respondents to Chambers’ survey had this to say about Russell:
“He is widely regarded as one of the best lawyers in noncompete work in Boston. He’s a wonderful guy and easy to get along with.”
“He is a tenacious advocate yet knows when to negotiate a resolution. He’s not just about litigating but finding the best solution for his client.”
“One of the top employment lawyers in Boston. He has one of the leading noncompete practices. He’s top in that field.”
“An expert in noncompete law.”
“One of the country’s leading experts in restrictive covenant litigation.”
“A key leader in the development of noncompete law. He’s highly regarded in Massachusetts.”
Russell was first ranked by Chambers USA in its 2010 guide.
Chambers and Partners have published guides to the legal profession since 1990. According to Chambers, it has a team of more than 200 full-time researchers tasked with identifying and ranking the world’s best lawyers and law firms based on in-depth, objective research.
For up-to-the-minute analysis of legal issues concerning trade secrets and noncompete agreements in Massachusetts and across the United States, read Russell Beck’s blog, Fair Competition Law.
eck Reed Riden LLP is among the leading authorities in trade secret, noncompete, and unfair competition law, and our experience handling these matters is backed by our extensive employment law and business litigation experience. Our hand-picked team combines attorneys with complementary expertise and practical experience.
The Wall Street Journal featured Beck Reed Riden LLP’s noncompete agreement experience. In 2016, the White House issued a report entitled, “Non-Compete Agreements: Analysis of the Usage, Potential Issues, and State Responses,” relying in part on Beck Reed Riden LLP’s research and analysis, including its 50 State Noncompete Survey.
Russell Beck’s work in this area is well recognized, and includes:
- Over thirty years of experience working on trade secret, noncompete, and unfair competition matters
- Assisting the Obama White House as part of a small working group to develop President Obama’s Noncompete Call to Action
- Authoring the book Negotiating, Drafting, and Enforcing Noncompetition Agreements and Related Restrictive Covenants (6th ed., MCLE, Inc. 2021), used by other lawyers to help them with their noncompete matters
- Authoring the book Trade Secrets Law for the Massachusetts Practitioner (1st ed. MCLE 2019), covering trade secrets nationally, with a focus on Massachusetts law
- Drafting and advising on legislation for the Massachusetts Legislature to define, codify, and improve noncompetition law
- Teaching Trade Secrets and Restrictive Covenants at Boston University School of Law
- Founding and administering the award-winning blog, Fair Competition Law
- Establishing and administering the Noncompete Lawyers and Trade Secret Protection groups on LinkedIn, with over 1,660 and 870 members, respectively, around the world
- Founded and chaired the Trade Secret / Noncompete Practice for an AmLaw 100 firm
In addition, Russell was honored for his work in this area of law in the 2020 Chambers USA Guide, which stated that Russell Beck is “an expert in the field of trade secret and restrictive covenant law,” and is also noted for his “ability to adjust and come up with successful solutions.” Chambers noted that Russell “basically wrote the new Massachusetts statute on noncompetes” and that “he’s an expert in employee mobility and nonrestrictive covenants.”
Beck Reed Riden LLP is Boston’s innovative litigation boutique. Our lawyers have years of experience working with clients ranging from Fortune 500 companies to start-ups and individuals. We focus on business litigation and employment.
We are experienced litigators and counselors, helping our clients as business partners to resolve issues and develop strategies that best meet our clients’ legal and business needs – before, during, and after litigation. We’re ready to roll up our sleeves and help you. Read more about us, the types of matters we handle, and what we can do for you here.