Russell Beck Speaks at CEO Connection Mid-Market Convention
On September 24, 2018, Russell Beck spoke on a panel at the CEO Connection Mid-Market Convention in Philadelphia titled “Cyber-Security and Protecting Your Trade Secrets.” The presentation focused on best practices for protecting trade secrets and mitigating losses in the event of misappropriation or cyberattack.
According to the CEO Connection, the Mid-Market Convention is the premier annual gathering of mid-market CEOs. The event, held at the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania, brings together prominent leaders from diverse industries, along with select government officials, prominent academic figures, subject matter experts and media personalities for a three-day program designed to benefit their companies, the mid-market and the greater society.
The other panelists for the cybersecurity presentation were:
- Special Agent Benjamin R.P. Stone with the FBI’s Philadelphia Field Office
- Daimon Geopfert – Principal, National Leader of Security and Privacy Risk Consulting, RSM US LLP
- Jim Vaughn, Managing Director for iDiscovery Solutions, Inc.
eck Reed Riden LLP is among the leading authorities in trade secret, noncompete, and unfair competition law, and our experience handling these matters is backed by our extensive employment law and business litigation experience. Our hand-picked team combines attorneys with complementary expertise and practical experience.
The Wall Street Journal featured Beck Reed Riden LLP’s noncompete agreement experience. In 2016, the White House issued a report entitled, “Non-Compete Agreements: Analysis of the Usage, Potential Issues, and State Responses,” relying in part on Beck Reed Riden LLP’s research and analysis, including its 50 State Noncompete Survey.
Russell Beck’s work in this area is well recognized; it includes:
- Over twenty two years of working on trade secret, noncompete, and unfair competition matters
- Assisting the Obama White House as part of a small working group to develop President Obama’s Noncompete Call to Action
- Authoring the book Negotiating, Drafting, and Enforcing Noncompetition Agreements and Related Restrictive Covenants (5th ed., MCLE, Inc. 2015), used by other lawyers to help them with their noncompete cases
- Drafting and advising on legislation for the Massachusetts Legislature to define, codify, and improve noncompetition law
- Teaching Trade Secrets and Restrictive Covenants at Boston University School of Law
- Founding and administrating the award-winning blog, Fair Competition Law
- Establishing and administrating the Noncompete Lawyers and Trade Secret Protection groups on LinkedIn, with over 1,600 members around the world
- Founded and chaired the Trade Secret / Noncompete Practice for an AmLaw 100 firm
In addition, Russell was honored for his work in this area of law in the 2017 Chambers USA Guide, which stated, “‘Excellent attorney‘ Russell Beck of Beck Reed Riden LLP is a ‘terrific noncompete specialist,’ according to industry commentators. He is a skilled litigator with experience representing clients ranging from individuals to large corporations at both trial and appellate levels.”
Beck Reed Riden LLP is Boston’s innovative litigation boutique. Our lawyers have years of experience at large law firms, working with clients ranging from Fortune 500 companies to start-ups and individuals. We focus on business litigation and labor and employment. We are experienced litigators and counselors, helping our clients as business partners to resolve issues and develop strategies that best meet our clients’ legal and business needs – before, during, and after litigation. We’re ready to roll up our sleeves and help you. Read more about us, the types of matters we handle, and what we can do for you here.