A reduction in force, large or small, is a significant event for a company. During periods of global economic insecurity, it is imperative for an organization to have a workforce scaled to its needs. We are here to help you. Our attorneys have decades of experience counseling clients through the employment-related ramifications of major economic events.
Beck Reed Riden LLP’s workforce restructuring practice has extensive experience in almost every industry, working with clients ranging from small businesses to Fortune 500 companies. Our attorneys can help you structure your reduction in force (RIF) strategy, message your RIF to your workforce, ensure compliance with state and federal laws, and limit your legal exposure.
Beck Reed Riden LLP’s attorneys understand that clients require more than a one-size-fits-all approach. We work with our clients to achieve their unique goals and objectives, customizing our solutions to meet your needs. Our position as a boutique firm assures that our response to employment issues will be flexible, cost effective, and client centered.
Our restructuring services include:
- Strategizing and implementing furloughs, RIFs, and other workforce reorganizations.
- RIF planning and implementation including developing strategy and selection criteria for decision-makers.
- Ensuring compliance with the Age Discrimination in Employment Act, Older Workers Benefit Protection Act, and other applicable state and federal laws, including by preparing necessary disclosure materials.
- Preparing severance agreements that meet federal and state requirements to ensure an enforceable release of claims.
- Reviewing employment agreements (including restrictive covenant agreements) prior to reorganization or RIF to determine the employer’s rights and obligations.
- Helping to protect employers against potential employment-related claims throughout the reorganization process.
Our Team Makes Us Unique
Our team combines attorneys with complementary expertise and practical experience. Our attorneys have extensive experience with workforce restructuring and they confirm their commitment to the practice of employment law by partnering with legal education and business organizations outside the courtroom.
Nicole Daly is an experienced employment attorney. In addition to her general employment experience, Nicole regularly counsels clients about restrictive covenants and litigates noncompete and trade secrets disputes. Nicole also routinely counsels companies about employee disciplinary matters, wage and hour law compliance, and reductions in force.
Robert M. Shea has advised and counseled employers, executives, professionals and entrepreneurs on labor and employment law matters for more than thirty years. His practice includes counseling clients on discipline and discharge, discrimination, retaliation, harassment, wage-hour, pay equity, traditional labor, and restrictive covenant matters. This work also includes drafting and negotiating separation agreements. He also works closely with in-house counsel and HR professionals to address difficult workplace matters.
Heather Krauss focuses her practice on all aspects of noncompete, trade secret misappropriation, and employment litigation. Heather represents clients before federal and state courts and administrative agencies, and counsels clients on various matters such as noncompete agreements, family and medical leaves of absence, avoidance of employment discrimination and unfair labor practice charges, employee disciplinary matters, wage and hour law compliance, and reductions in force.
Beck Reed Riden LLP has the passion, commitment, and experience necessary to guide our clients through their legal challenges. We’re ready to help.